The issues of sustainability and resource efficiency are becoming increasingly important for manufacturing companies. However, there is often a lack of a procedure for addressing the topic and a data basis that enables an overview of resource use and the allocation of consumption to the manufactured product.
The overall objective of the ArePron transfer project is to support Hessian SMEs in the transformation process to a digital and sustainable production. In particular, it is to be shown how a corresponding data basis can be created for the evaluation of resource efficiency.
The ArePron project addresses the topics of production management, the use of digital technologies and energy and resource efficiency as a whole. The planned approach of the project is the development of a methodical approach as well as the parallel practical implementation in a production network consisting of machines of the ETA and CiP learning factory in order to support the creation of transparency, life cycle assessment and the introduction of systems for digitalisation in operational practice.
Transfer of the project results is supported by the
- the development of the ArePron workshop “Resource efficiency through digitalisation” within the framework of the Mittelstand 4.0 competence centre in Darmstadt
- the development of a practical guide and an IoT guide
- the scientific publication of the project results as well as,
- the regular presentation of the project progress to the ArePron Industry Advisory Board.
Further information and ArePron website
Free offer for companies creating transparency on the use of resources in production by using the Value Stream Resource Analysis (VaRA) in the form of the free VaRA-tool-app
- Application period for the limited number of available licences: 28 February 2021
- Subsequent selection of companies by lottery and training on how to use the app
- Contact if interested Astrid Weyand M. Sc.