At PTW, we believe that excellence in production is achieved by optimally combining technology and organization.
In our view, perfectly integrated solutions for production always have to consider these two aspects. This requires in-depth expertise in the respective technical subjects, a wide basic qualification in the entire topic of production as well as interdisciplinary collaboration between the scientists at PTW. Our associates obtain their technical specialization by working in six research groups.
- Machine Tools and Components
- Machining Technology
- Additive Manufacturing and Dental Technology
- Center for Industrial Productivity (Process Learning Factory)
- Management of Industrial Production
- Sustainable Production (ETA-Factory)
PTW gains its strength to a large degree through the cooperation of these research groups, for example when they jointly work on research projects.
We look forward to new demanding tasks.
Keep challenging us!
Heads of the Institute
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Eberhard Abele | Prof. Dr.-Ing. Joachim Metternich